If you have a passion for caring for children and want to improve your job prospects as a Paediatrics nurse, then IHM’s Graduate Certificate in Advanced Nursing-Paediatric Nursing program is for you. The post-graduate program empowers nurses with increased knowledge and abilities to work in a variety of pediatric nursing settings.
As pediatric nurses must meet the nursing care requirements of newborns, children, and adolescents through different phases of development, the course prepares nurses to offer high-quality and safe nursing interventions. Additionally, you will develop critical thinking that is crucial for practice in the pediatric department.
Details about the Course
- Interactive online classes with individual attention to each student
- Access to 24*7 Online Library
- Networking Opportunities with peak bodies and industries
- IHM Alumnus Status
- Dedicated Student Support Team
- Work Integrated Learning (WIL) – learn as you practise
- Trained more than 3000+ nurses in Australia
- IHM formerly offered the nursing bridging program (EPIQ-RN)
- Learn from expert industry practitioners
The Graduate Certificate in Advanced Nursing in Paediatric Nursing gives you an opportunity to find employment in Cardiac Care Units, High dependency Units, High Acuity medical and surgical wards such as Neurology wards, Postoperative wards, etc. Students who complete the Graduate Certificate in Advanced Nursing- Paediatric Nursing competently may find work in the following domains:
- Private Paediatrician Clincs
- Nursing Homes
- Goverment Agencies
- Social Services
“A convenient way to build your employability skills and advance your career”
What will I learn?
During this course, students must qualify for 3 units.
- 1 core units
- 2 specialisation units.
- N9001 Professional Issues and Policies in Nursing
- N8012 Paeditric Nursing
- N8013 Professional Reflection in Acute Care Nursing
To be eligible for admission to the Graduate Certificate in Advanced Nursing (Paediatric Nursing) an applicant is required to:
- Have completed a Bachelor of Nursing degree or an equivalent qualification.
- Be an AHPRA registered nurse; or
- Be a registered nurse with the Nurses’ Board/Council from the country of origin or place of residence.
- English Language proficiency requirement for International Students:
- IELTS level of at least 6.5 with no band less than 6, or equivalent scores in OET/PTE/other recognised English examination
- Nurses currently registered and working in English Speaking Countries do not need this requirement. The recognised countries are Australia, United States, United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, the Republic of Ireland and South Africa, or
- Direct entry through a pass in English for Academic Purpose (EAP) course with the minimum score of 70%
- Applicants must have concurrent employment (or access to) in the Acute care nursing and one- year of full‐time post‐registration clinical experience
Digital literacy: Must be able to perform fundamental computer operations such as maintaining computer files, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, preparing presentations, and being conscious of the social and ethical consequences of Internet usage.
Pathways from this Course
Graduates Graduate Certificate in Advanced Nursing- Paediatric can explore higher-level courses within and across the healthcare industry including:
- Master’s in nursing
- Paediatric Care Registered Nurse
How to Apply
IHM has defined entry requirements for courses under its mandate, as outlined by its ‘Application and Enrolment Procedure for Courses,’ to ensure that students meet industry standards.
- Application: Click “Apply Now” on the top right corner of the course page to complete your application online.
- Interview: You will be scheduled for an interview with an admissions specialist once you have fulfilled IHNA’s eligibility standards
- Offer Letter: If you qualify the interview process, you will be awarded a seat in the course, depending on the availability of each intake
- Enrolment Fee: An invoice for the course will be delivered after the acknowledged offer is signed and sent to the admission office.
- Confirmation of Admission: Once the enrolment fee has been received, our admission specialist will provide students with the confirmation letter.
Recognition of Prior Learning: By submitting a portfolio of evidence, which may include third-party assessments, and partaking in an interview procedure, students can have their prior learning and work experiences acknowledged in this certification. A practical demonstration may also be used to evaluate a student’s competencies and expertise.
Mutual recognition and credit transfer allow students to have their previous formal training recognized.
Credit Transfer: Credit Transfer is only available for Australian courses when a student has completed the units considered necessary for a course at another Registered Training Organization.